Thursday, July 29, 2010

Laubers




So, many people who read my blog do not actually live in East Troy, but maybe you have heard or even been to Lauber's Ice Cream Shop. Once you step inside you feel as if you have gone back in time. I have been going there since I was a wee little lady, and I remember my parents giving me $.50 to buy a ton of penny candy. It was such a special treat to have ice cream sundaes and candy too (especially in my house where my mom NEVER gave us sweets). Well, we have begun the same tradition with Izze, she gets so excited to have her kiddie cone "Banilla" (or vanilla for everyone else), and she ALWAYS picks out a candy lipstick as we are leaving.
Right next to Lauber's is the trolley, and Isabel is obsessed with the trolley. She always has to check out where the trolley's are and if anyone is onboard. Sometimes I take for granted all the cute little things we have for kids right in our own home town.
Anyways, if you are ever in the area and want some great ice cream, feel free to give us a call we can't pass it up : )

Izze on the trolley last October

No comments:

Post a Comment