Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Time!


I think stay at home moms are the luckiest people in the world, which makes me the second luckiest in the world. Being a teacher sure has it's perks, I just love the time I am able to spend at home with Izze. Each summer I have lists of things I want to get to, for instance clean all the closets, re-file all past bills, scrub all the woodwork, wash all windows, go through the playroom toys (again), I think you get the picture. I am sure I will be able to check a few of those items off my list, but I am not rushing to get all of them done.

I think often times we worry too much about how our homes look, how our appearance is and we forget the little things that flash before our eyes, like childhood. Just yesterday I remember holding Isabel in my arms anxiously awaiting the days for her to say "mommy" or kiss me goodnight. Those days have flown by and she is already 3 years old, she knows her phone number, where she lives, the alphabet, about 800 songs, and so much more. I have yet to regret spending an afternoon playing grocery store or finger painting when I know I should be scrubbing my floors. This is the time to enjoy each moment I have with Izze before she grows up and wants to spend time with everyone but mom and dad.
So I guess those of you who will be paying me a summer visit will have to understand why I may not have dusted for a couple days, or why my windows have little tiny hand prints all over them, it's because I am enjoying my daughter and thanking God each day for the best gift in the world!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great plan for your summer. It does go so fast and you will never regret spending more time with your child.
    I hope we can get together this summer.

    ReplyDelete